Tuesday 24 May 2016

Where do I start?

A question that gets asked a lot is where do I begin?

Well the honest answer is you and you finding your motivation and reasons to want to begin!

I previously shared my story on how I began, when I was pregnant was when it hit me that I needed to do something, I was slim to start with so lucky in that sense but definitely skinny fat, yes that really is a term! I was slim but had no definition to my body and was soft! I also ate what I wanted and when without a care in the world! 

However being pregnant changed hat, make de realise what I was eating was going to my baby and if I wanted a healthy child I needed to eat healthy..

My exercise love started after he was born, I did lots of cardio was a cardio bunny my love for weights didn't start till I was pregnant with my second child...

I am still a long way and rom where I want to be but closer to my goals with every work out that I do


So once you have found your motivation and reasons why you want to change your life then it's how to go about doing it..

If you want to join a gym see if there is any friends that you can join with which will help you stick to going to the gym! See if there is any classes at your local community centre to start going to..

But a DVD and start exercising at home, that way you can start exercising and get a feeling for it and then once you are ready then join a gym!

Take photos and measurements which will help you stay accountable and keep reminding you why you started.

There is a lot of information in nutrition and fitness and lots of it contradict it self so I can fully understand why it is so confusing.

I fully belive nutrition is the key, if you can get your eating habits sorted first then your exercise will follow as you will feel a lot better about your self and more confident. I fully belive that abs are made in the kitchen and built in the gym, so 80% is nutrition and 20% is exercise.

Start by researching clean eating, I will do a post on this for you, throw away rubbish from your cupboard, but fruit and veg and lots of lean meats, stock up on Greek yoghurt and honey to help your sweet tooth and get meal planning.. 

But remember we are only human and everyone slips so and to take it day by day and to not beat your self up if you slip up

No comments:

Post a Comment