Tuesday 18 November 2014

Guilt

I'm writing this post based on my own views, we all have guilt in all aspects of our lives, from going to the gym and not seeing loved ones, to not going to the gym, to eating that bad meal to turning nice food down, I could keep going on.

For me guilt comes in the form of my children. I have always worked I can't remember a time I haven't worked, but I have always worked shifts, and most of my shifts started at 6pm when the children were getting ready for bed or weekends when they would be home with their dad so to me it was my free time my times to escape and also their time to bond with their dad who works long hard hours for us all.

However we moved and I had to find a job closer to home so I had to then put he children into nursery in preparation for work, that worked well it gave them some times to play with other children and me 4 hours to clean and cook.. I then got my job and the kids nursery hours had to change, my oldest child is at pre school so he's good as being left, my youngest she is a cuddly little thing that isn't so sure at being left, so for me to walk away from her screaming mummy is heart breaking, I know I am doing it for all of us as it means Iam happier as I get to spend time with adults, they get to play sigh children and do things they necessarily can't do at home.

I do feel guilty about my exercise as well, but I try remember I don't go out partying, I spend all the time I can with my children and when I go to the gym its when they are at nursery or when they are in bed, I do exercise with them to show them exercise is good, but I make sure the time I spend with them is all about them, they choose what we do and I follow.. 

But my point is guilt is good it shows we are human, but don't let it consume your life, if you want to eat food that's a bit naughty then do, one meal will not make you fat, one day of bad food won't make you fat, it will probably make you feel bloated and terrible the next day, in the sense of tummy ache, but then you just drink lots of water and eat healthily again, and realise life is for living so eat the chocolate every now and again, go out and have a burger etc.

Guilty about exercising, remember we all need our own time, how you spend it is up to you, so if you rather go to he gym then hit the pubs then good for you, but your kids won't hate you, your partner won't hate you and your friends will understand you are doing it for you, a release a bit of time that is just you, you don't have to cook clean, be needed etc.. Enjoy every minute of it and remember we all deserve it  

No comments:

Post a Comment