Thursday 23 October 2014

How to stay motivated

How to stay motivated? Now this is a qood question... For example I joined a gym in September two years ago with all good intentions of going 3-5 times a week and I had my dream body in my head...

Reality hit very quickly... I didn't manage to go 3-5 times every week, I lost focus I couldn't be bothered to leave my house, watching tv on the sofa was a better idea, I then carried on looking at pictures on Instagram and seeing how these people were digging deep and going to the gym..

After Christmas I started going to the gym again, I then got a job in my local gym which then put going to gym on the back seat!

However fast forward to this year and after Christmas I started going to the gym in the evenings when I wasn't working, I have however been ill on and off since Feb which has made it really hard but I have dug deep and carried on going to the gym, I started a programme which has helped me because if I miss a day due to work I then carry on where I left off, so if it takes me two extra weeks to complete so what I will complete this programme

My motivation is my children 

 

I also take pictures of my self so I can see where I am and then I can compare them to where I was so then I can carry on motivating my self,




This is where I was last year, when I look at them to now I can see how I have improved so much and this helps me carry on going.

So my advise to you is to find something that you want and keep going, whe there it is to fit in to clothes that used to fit you or an outfit that is a size smaller or bigger, keep trying it on and keep going.. Remember a few weeks off won't hurt you just need to pick your self up and keep going.
Promise yourself a little reward, take it day by day and to make little changes, keep telling yourself how you are worth it and also do things with people as that way you can motivate each other.

If you don't feel like going to the gym one day then don't go, relax rest and fuel your body, the next day I promis you, you will go to the gym and you will smash it, you will feel amazing because you have listened to your body and feel so much better because you will realise the world didn't end because you didn't go, but also because you managed to go the next day 

Have intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, internal and external, new fitness clothes, new outfit, spa day etc.. Measurements pictures etc have pictures of you before you began and get them out when you feel bad so you can then see how far you have come and why you did it! Write it all down in a journal so you can get it out and re read when you feel down and remember you are changing your life for the better

No comments:

Post a Comment