Friday 31 October 2014

Where i started


I wont sit here and tell you I have always been fit and healthy, that would be a lie, I will also not sit here and tell you I loved exercise, I used to try everything to get out of p.e at school, rounder's, netball, not my cup of tea in the slightest.

I have never been fat but maybe a chubby teenager where your puppy fat clings on till your hormones have sorted themselves out then I lost all my puppy fat and became the slim me that I am now, I was skinny back then, maybe to skinny.

I loved football and used to play all the time, the reason I stopped was a foot injury, this was around the time i found my love of theory side of sport, I was still not healthy food wise though, still ate what I wanted.

I fell pregnant in 2010 and carried on eating what I wanted, I was working around 40 hours a week so certainly wasn't exercising, I didn't have the healthiest of pregnancies, with kidney infections and then pre eclampsia and gained 2 stone with Dylan, It did hit me what i was eating was going to him so my eating habits changed.

After he was born i snapped back very quickly, I however then realised how soft I was and that was when I started exercising, I did Zumba, and some exercise DVD's I became a cardio junkie really, my eating habits had long changed, in with healthy meals and healthy snacks.

I fell pregnant in 2013 with my second child and really learnt about how to exercise safely during pregnancy with body temp and heart rate, i carried on eating healthy and had a better pregnancy had complications and kidney infections but i knew that was down to pot luck rather than me.

After she was born I carried on exercising but started to add weights so I could tone up, get stronger and fitter as looking at pictures I realised how skinny I was and that it really wasn't nice and I wanted my children to see me as strong not skinny.

I joined a gym in 2014, and then in 2015 I got a job working in that gym, it has been only recently that I have stopped half heartedly doing things in the gym but started to properly follow a programme which will hopefully change my body and mind set


No comments:

Post a Comment